Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtic's Dream Team


Going into the office this morning, a cloud of disappointment filled the air. The NBA regular season is over, the Boston Celtics were victorious. The Lakers in Game 6, and the whole series for that matter got trounced. I couldn’t help but watch the whole game, with the lead painfully growing with the Celtics coronation building. I guess what struck me was how the Lakers lost. Listless… without even a sense of urgency.

Say what you will, I thought in the Finals with no one stepping up for the Lakers, I would get to see Kobe Bryant ala 2005/2006 with his 35 ppg. If the Gasol passes weren’t working he should have taken care of business the old fashion way. He’s not on the MJ level … yet.

Regardless.. a season without the San Antonio Spurs or Detroit Pistons in the finals is a win in itself. The NBA is getting interesting. Thanks David Stern.

No comments: